Quality, Personalized Cancer Care
In Our Community
Your Life, Our Commitment
The Road to Recovery
Should Be Close to Home
Welcome to Vantage Oncology Cancer Center at Blairsville
Vantage Oncology provides the most advanced radiation treatments available. We treat all types of cancer, at all stages. Our technology includes the ability to deliver a high dose beam, precisely targeted to the tumor, while minimizing exposure to healthy tissue and organs. The road to cancer recovery does not have to take you far from home. Our commitment is to provide the highest quality, state of the art, cancer care available, right in your own community.
Jonathan B. Barnes, MD
Jonathan Barnes, MD is a board certified Radiation Oncologist. Vantage Oncology provides quality, personalized cancer care in a community setting.
After Serving in the United States Air Force, Dr. Barnes received his undergraduate degree in Medical Technology from the University of Texas Health Science Center at Dallas. Dr. Barnes offers the latest in radiation technology, including Prostate Seed Brachytherapy, High Dose Rate Brachytherapy (HDR), Intensity Modulated Radiaiton Therapy (IMRT) and Image Guided Radiation Therapy (IGRT).
• Undergraduate: University of Texas Health Science Center at Dallas
• Medical School: University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
• Internal Medicine – University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
• University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, Internal Medicine and Radiation Oncology Residency Programs
• American Board of Radiology in Radiation Oncology
• American Board of Internal Medicine
• Diplomat American Board of Internal Medicine American Society of Clinical Pathologists
• National Association of Doctors
• OXFAM America
• Chao, K. Kenneth MD; Eng, Tony Y. MD; Barnes Jonathan JD; Dahiya, Rajiv MD.
Sinonasal Teratocarcinosarcoma. American Journal of Clinical Oncology. 27 (I ):29-32, Februaiy 2004
• Barnes JB, Dahiya RS, Johnson SB, Ternes RT, Thomas CR, Herman TS. Concomitant
Weekly Cisplatin and thoracic radiotherapy for pan coast tumors of the lung; pilot experience of the San Antonio Cancer Institute. American Journal of Clinical Oncology; 2002 FEB; J4 (I) 90-2
• Vijayalxmi, Selva M, Reiter RJ, Meltz ML, Prihoda TJ, Barnes JB, Leal BZ, Herman TS.
Influence of radiotherapy on 6-sulphatoxymelatonin levels in the urine of brain cancer patients. Neuro endocrinology Letters, volume 21 (3), June 2000
• Zellars RC, Diab S, Otto RA, Tan W, Tin-UC, Villalone-Caler M. Barnes JB, Hardy JB,
Bready BB, Herman TS. Phase I/II study of weekly Pacilitaxel, daily Cisplatin, and concml’ent radiation with or without Amifostine in unresectable head and neck cancer. Accepted for publication at the 1999 Radiological Society ofN01ih American (RSNA) meeting.
• Tan W, Tin-UC, Zellars RC, Herman TS, Villalona-Calero M, Valley AW, Kalidas M,
Ochoa L, Drengler R, Khoury P, Alder L, Barnes JB, Hardy J, Bready BB, Weiss GR, Otto RA, Rowinsky E, Diab SG. Phase I study of weekly Pacilitaxel in combination with daily Cisplatin and radiation in locally advanced head and neck, locally advanced non-small cell lung carcinoma (NSCLC) and esophageal carcinoma. Presented at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) meeting in May 1998.
• Masloum BW, Barnes JB, Lee M, “Cisapride as a Successful Treatment of Acute Intestinal
Pseudo-Obstrnction, “SOUTHERN MEDICAL JOURNAL”, Vol. 89, N0.3, March 1996, pp 828-830.
• Barnes, Jonathan, Patel VA and Makau L, “Adenocarcinoma of the Colon presenting with
a Sister Maiy Joseph’s Nodule and Trousseau’s Syndrome” CUTIS, Vol 56, No.5, November 1995, pp 270-272.
• Lee, M; Alvarez, O; Lindner, M; Masloum, B; Munoz, J; Patel, V; Rabito, F; Barnes, JB;
“Retrospective Analysis oflatrogenic Mallo1y-Weiss Tears Occurring During Upper Gastrointestinal Endoscopy,” GASTROINTESTINAL ENDOSCOPY Vol 31: 1995 pp 324.
• Lee, M; Barnes, JB; Devi, G: Yang, Y; Henderson, G: Schenker, S; “Chronic Ethanol
Exposure Renders the Gastric Mucosa More susceptible to Acute Aspirin-Induced lnju1y in Rats, “GASTROENTEROLOGY Vol 108: 1995, pp A146
News / Events
Vantage Oncology and Valley Radiotherapy Associates Medical Group study shows lumpectomy with radiation therapy to treat breast cancer in a community setting results in higher than average patient survival rates
Vantage Oncology and Valley Radiotherapy Associates Medical Group study shows lumpectomy with radiation therapy to treat breast cancer in a community setting results in higher than average patient survival rates Vantage Oncology and Valley Radiotherapy Associates Medical Group examined more than 1,100 breast cancer patients Manhattan Beach, Cali. (August 25, 2016) – A recently published […]Read More
ANTHEM BLUE CROSS OF CALIFORNIA AND VALLEY RADIOTHERAPY ASSOCIATES IMPLEMENT NEW RATES FOR BREAST CANCER PATIENTS
Manhattan Beach, CA (July 5, 2016) – Anthem Blue Cross of California and Valley Radiotherapy Associates Medical Group (VRA) have developed a new agreement for a single episode-of-care payment for patients with a breast cancer diagnosis requiring radiation therapy treatment. The case rate covers all radiation therapy services provided to the patient for the treatment […]Read More